Aw Ye Motherfucker

.

.

Monday 13 August 2012

Coma White

There's something cold and blank behind her smile
She's standing on an overpass
In her miracle mile

"You were from a perfect world

A world that threw me away today
Today to run away"

A pill to make you numb

A pill to make you dumb
A pill to make you anybody else
But all the drugs in this world
Won't save her from herself

Her mouth was an empty cut

And she was waiting to fall
Just bleeding like a polaroid that
Lost all her dolls



One interpretation could be that this song is about how sometimes we can't do anything to stop events from occurring.
Another could be that this song is actually about how most Americans, and citizens in other parts of the world, use things like TV, religion, and drugs to escape reality, and don't face it.

Just as respect bands like Korn and Nirvana who are able to come up with both fucking amazing rock music and touching softer creations, i also respect Marilyn Manson for using his music to grab peoples attention all the while forcing them to think about what his meanings his lyrics actually hold.

I've met a few people in my lifetime who have been afflicted with problems regarding drug use. I myself have been offered drugs a few times but out of fear i refused to try them. But 'Ive definitely heard stories about the devastating effects of drugs on peoples health, relations and general well being. Its well documented enough to surely matter.

 But that doesn't mean i don't want to trip on some psychedelics before i die.


Yes.. Yes you were Kurt and you still are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In an effort to bring out the humanitarian side of me I've taken up volunteering at Red Cross. I started on Sunday and its just taking care of the retail store whose proceeds go straight toward the Main Headquarters activities. A chance to help out a secular organisation all the while hopefully making some new work buddies, honing my customer service skills and learning how to press all those damn buttons on the register. I do <3 the *CHING* sound the register makes when its time to move money.

Have you ever been stopped in the street by a random guy or gal looking to take a few minutes of your precious time to talk about their cause? Being the sad loveless motherfucker I am i am very quick to assume that a girl might have an interest in me which we all know is entirely false. So when a pretty gal stops to talk to me in the middle of the street what do i do? I stop as well. Then i snap back to reality when i realise this bitch is talking about donations to the Catholic Church and its hope to lobby for anti gay laws. I then proceed to verbally assault her delicious behind with derogatory comments and walk off feeling like I've lost valuable masturbating time and slapping myself for not being able to reduce her to tears like i originally planned to. Why are almost all the nice looking girls (who i will never get giddity with) the most fucking insane ones? Not that it matters to an ugly hairy short guy like me thought right?


But then the other day on Burwood Road I'm walking home from grocery shopping and a dude stops to talk to me about the environment. Now i take my anti religion stance very seriously but the environment? Well shit I do love the animals and while you wont find me out measuring the circumference of tree trunks to determine their age i can tell you that the environment is a pretty big fucking important issue despite how caught we are in technology. So what did i learn?

Well this is assuming that the dude was telling me legitimate information. The guy starts off by detailing the last most successful exploit of his organization and how it managed to lobby the government to create incentives to fix the Murray Darling river (Don't know what the problem was though). Then he moves onto the latest victory against over fishing. Nonchalantly i ask him, mate what about the whales? The guy didn't answer bu instead went oh my god you <3 whales as well? HI FIVE hxfjcgkvhlghfukgxfjg GREAT BARRIER REEF!!!!!. I thought wait what the f-? .. blah blah Now it would seem that even though its a world heritage site that it would be protected from damage. But no! I have reason to believe that the government plans to allow around 60% of the reef to be destroyed in order to acquire oil. But we cant have that have you been there mate? I said no, but i heard its quite beautiful OH MY GAWD YES IT IS and imagine losing it! It would be like ---*then i cut in* getting cancer in your foot it would die and take down the rest of the organic system with it right? 

There was an awkward silence as the volunteer just gave me this weird look and then he hi fived me again and we continued on as per usual. Around 45 minutes later i said look whale man dude friend its been nice chatting with you but i don't have money for donations i just wanted to learn something about nature from you. The guy said OH i wouldn't DREAM of that. *Yeah sure you bitch you are such a damn PHONY* nah i didn't say that because it is his job as a volunteer for his organization to spread the word of these issues to the public. You know what whale dude you ain't half bad :D





 

No comments:

Post a Comment