Aw Ye Motherfucker

.

.

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Music #3 - I Love To Sing

I've had many people tell me that i'm either a good singer or i'm so fucking terrible i should never sing again. To everyone who has ever caught me singing and not sniggered thank you, to all the people who reckon i sound like shit, well maybe you're right but FUCK YOU keep it to yourself.


*UPDATE*
i realized that when i sing at max volume in the car with the CD player

1. I get tingly all over

2. I get pins and needles all over
3. I get dizzy
4. Therefore my drivings skills are severely impaired


I love to sing. Why? it's personal and therapeutic. Ever since primary i've used music to calm me down or to express emotions that i cannot put into words and say to others. As a consequence my musical range is very limited as i spend ages listening to a band and getting to know nearly 90% of their music. If i feel no connection then i ditch that band and keep searching for new ones or go back to bands who have songs i can relate to.

Singing is extremely convenient, its a passion and a hobby that doesn't require any instruments, its with you all the time unless you decide to scream along with the stereo for a week straight and lose your voice. Oh and i realised alcohol fucks up your vocal chords realllll baddddddd.

Songs that have kept me going in various situations.

"Love Hurts" - Joan Jett / ( When my heart is torn )


"Anywhere" - Evanescence / ( So i continue imagining about a future where i run away with someone i love haha im soo sad )


"Yesterday" - The Beatles / ( Another lovey dovey song where i remember when i had to leave someone but i wasn't told why ) (also doubles as the song i use when I'm missing someone alot)

"Can't Buy Me Love" - The Beatles / ('I don't care too much for money cause money can't buy me love' )

"Home" - Foo Fighters / (Usually after i get pissed at my fucking family and i start to long for a home of my own )

"Come Alive" - Foo Fighters / ( When i'm feeling thankful for having met someone i know love )

"I lay there in the dark, and I closed my eyes
You saved me the day you came alive"




"Who's Loving You" & "I'll Be There" - Jackson 5 / ( Titles speaks for themselves )


"Faget" & "Thoughtless" - Korn / ( When i think back to high school and all the hatred that i've kept from the bullying )

"Falling Away From Me" - Korn / ( When i feel suicidal )

"Right Now!" - Korn / (For when i feel like ripping someones throat out and mutilating their bodies )

"Tearjerker" - Korn / ( When i start to wish there was something more to this bleak life )

"Play Me" - Korn / ( Whenever i'm going through a bout of extreme paranoia and i believe everyone including my so called friends are out to get me )



"On The Line" - Michael Jackson / ( My occasional confidence booster )


"Rape Me" - Nirvana / ( Usually when i get the feeling i'm just being used )

"Lithium" - Nirvana / ( I'm so ugly that's ok cause so are you )



"Somebody To Love" - Queen / ( Title speaks for itself )



andddd



"Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien" - Edith Plaf



( I came across this song when i watched the biographical French Film "La Vie En Rose" about a prostitute named Edith Piaf who rose to fame as a world renowned cabaret singer, the song translates as "I REGRET NOTHING" its also the song used in Inception to intiate the dream kick, i was blown away by this womans amazing voice, the film ends beautifully not with a death scene but this song, its fucking perfect )

"No I regret nothing, 


Not the good things people have done to me, 


Not the bad things it's all the same to me!"


No, Nothing of nothing


No, I regret nothing 


Because my life, my joys 


Today, They begin with you"



My funeral song fuck yeah





As you can see i am indeed heavily reliant on my music to live and singing is the only vessel through which i can feel better cause i can't write songs for shit and i fail at playing instruments so before you start laughing at how shit my music taste is, please remember this is not merely a blog for publicity but more of a personal online record of my love of singing and obsessions as it is far easier to maintain this than a diary + u get to put pretty pictures :D

8 comments:

  1. your blog in a nutshell: "Music has so much to do with psychology, really, in a nutshell it comes down to interfering with the frequency of our brain waves .. It’s intriguing, isn’t it, how music manipulates us – it transfixes us, roots us to a standstill, hypnotises us into a state of unblinking, muted hysteria." anyways I just wanted to let you know no I'm not in primary LOL ! I meant it as in primary seems so insignificant NOW ... :) ohh keep blogging !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep blogging if you let me skim yours :D thanks for the feedback i may consider using this to sound more sophisticated and witty har har

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahas okay give me your email and I'll invite you to the blog? LOL , I agree with apollo your blog is quite witty but just a side note plox blog about skincare hohohoho :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. neko_koneko666@hotmail.com :D TY

    ReplyDelete
  5. if u ever feel so inclined then yeah why not

    ReplyDelete