Aw Ye Motherfucker

.

.

Monday 2 July 2012

The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell






Continuing on my usual tradition of really getting to know and/or understanding the musicians that create the music that sustains me, i went out and bought Marilyn Mansons autobiography

35 pages in and I'm hooked, truly a great artist and writer this man is.

Excerpt pg. 32

"I've always believed that a person is smart. It's people that are stupid. And a few things bear this out better than war, organised religion, bureaucracy and high school, where the majority mercilessly rules. When i looked back on my first days there, all I saw was an insecurity and doubt so overwhelming that a single pimple was capable of throwing my life out of balance. Not until my final days did I have self-confidence and self respect, even a measure of individuality.

That last night in Canton, I knew that Brain Warner was dying. I was being given a chance to be reborn, for better or worse, somewhere new. But what I couldn't figure out was whether high school had corrupted or enlightened me. Maybe it was both, and corruption and enlightenment were inseparable"

I won't deny that i teared up a little while reading that passage. It was essentially my life so far just phrased in more understandable terms. As unbelievable as it may seem i find myself having shared the same thoughts on more than one instance and occasion. I now have another hero to look up to and i love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment