Aw Ye Motherfucker

.

.

Friday 30 March 2012

Evanescence 2012 Sydney Concert


I've already dedicated an entire segment of my blog to my undying love for Amy Lee so i'm going to keep it short.




It's already been a whole day since i fought my way through the sweaty mosh pit, deprived of water and tired but it did not matter one bit to me. I managed to make it to the centre of the cord but was pushed aside by some fat fucks and i ended up at a shitty angle but i still managed to record at least half the bands songs. BUT SOMEONE STUPID FAT FUCK BITCH PUSHED ME OUT OF THE WAY SO THAT I MISSED GETTING A CUSTOM MADE GUITAR PICK THAT THE GUITARISTS WERE CHUCKING TO THE CROWD FUCK YOU WHORE



Anyway for 5 years i had been waiting for Evanescence to bring new songs out. And for the 1st time in my life, i was close as i ever could be to the woman who introduced me to Korn and Nirvana and whose music stopped me from more than one occasion from killing myself or suiciding. Knowing that there were others out there who suffered internally just like me gave me some strength to keep pushing forward.

 


The energy in rock concerts are absolutely amazing, i do not regret one bit attending as it may be the last time they tour sydney and the only time ill ever actually get to be at any sort of concert. I was glad the band played their newer material as well as some old favourites and the songs were brutally heavier when played live, so much that i could actually feel the ground vibrating and my whole body tingling over. and Amy Lee's vocals were absolutely spot on, her stage presence amazing and the overall energy of the entire concert was beyond description. 

 

The only thing i regret is not being able to actually meet her in person after the concert, i was told they had to board the next flight out for New Zealand, which is completely understandable but i was saddened nonetheless. Not because i couldn't take a photo with her, not because i couldn't get a hug, but because i couldn't thank her in person for sharing her music and giving me strength to fight on and to tell her to keep on making new music, even if we had to wait another 5 years or more. The feeling of that night i will never forget and in a few hours all electronical records of that concert will be online, forever serving as reminder to myself the power of Amy Lee's music. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment